RESURRECTION: FAR GREATER THAN WE CAN IMAGINE
The power of Christ’s resurrection is far greater than we can ever imagine! In the gospels, we can derive a lot of lessons on the resurrection of the Lord, among them are the following:
Like Mary Magdalene, who was blinded with grief and was able to see the Lord, we can also be healed from our own blindness due to sin and our preoccupation with other things and see the risen Lord once again.
- Just as nothing, not even a stone of a tomb can stop the Son of God from rising, so too there is no stopping for the man who now opts to transform his life towards God.
- It was not the powerful who had seen the risen Lord first, but the women who were regarded as second class citizens. The resurrection calls us to challenge every structure or hierarchy that we have set for ourselves and to regard the poor as being more important than us.
- The resurrection signified a new birth, starting with Jesus coming out of the tomb. It’s time for us to be reborn!
- The disciple whom Jesus loved and who loved Jesus believed that Jesus had risen from the dead. Let selfless love be our guiding light to lead our lives to the right path.
- Finally, Jesus commanded Mary to announce to the apostles of his resurrection. Jesus makes the initiative to extend his forgiving hand to his apostles. It is inevitable that we, the children of the resurrection, become missionaries of the forgiveness of the Lord and produce new lives for Him!
May we be filled with hope of new life this Easter season!
Fr. Lito Jopson